Tuesday, January 20, 2009

inbetween days


I have no idea what awaits me in the days ahead, or how I will survive the next seven months of school when I can't even manage to pick up one assigned book during a two month long strike, but then there are moments like this afternoon where it may be -23 degrees outside, but the sun is streaming through your window and it no longer feels like the dead of winter, rather you have to turn off your space heater and open your curtains and welcome this brightness into your room and turn up your favourite song and dancedancedance and sing "come back come back don't walk away come back come back come back today come back come back why can't you see come back come back come back to me" because you love the song and not because it reminds you of any one single person anymore.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I like the way you write.