Sunday, July 12, 2009

trains

I snapped this on my phone on the way to school one morning. The sight struck me as odd for many reasons, the most obvious being the unexpected greenery smack dab in the middle of the city. A field of subway dreams, what were these two cars doing so far from rush hour?

Staring out other windows on other commutes, I can almost see myself, one year younger and side parted, walking down the same street. I watch as I head into the LCBO, pause in front of a menu posted to a window, decide against it and head to an old favourite, emerging with a bag of take out and Friday night plans. I know what's playing on my I-pod, and I know why my feet are dragging, and I know I'll soon straighten my shoulders before telling myself to stop being silly as I head down a back alley.

And since I'm on the subject of trains, I must say that I'm loving this song. I can't say enough about the two of us my arms are breaking I can't hold you enough oh, I can't hold you enough oh, I can't hold you enough I want to love you again I want to love you again I want to love you again I want to love you again I want to love you again I want to love you again
I want to love you again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember the you of almost-last-year (still a month and a half to go until we are at our year anniversary of knowing one another). That side part! I think you have changed a lot since then, and not just hair styles; yet some intrinsic Lisa-ness of you remains immutable. Remember that night we went around describing one another in a word or less (hah! bumbling)? You remain, always, primary.