Monday, December 8, 2008

You come running in on platform shoes

This essay will be done in mere days, and after that all I want to do is wrap the prettiest presents and invite friends over for delicious flatbread sandwiches filled with roasted red pepper hummus and feta and sundried tomatoes and another ingredient I haven't quite figured out yet and I want to take long walks in the sun and I want to take more photos and drink more wine and clean this room and re-arrange furniture and play with Kirby and drink more tea and watch movies that remind me of Christmas (Beautiful Girls, Serendipity, While You Were Sleeping) and go ice skating and play in the snow and read the books I want to read and take up sewing and fashion myself a new wardrobe and bake endless cookies and dance to Teen Age Riot in a room lit with Christmas lights.

No comments: