Wednesday, December 17, 2008

like tadpoles



Winter decided to show its face again tonight. As much wrapping as I've been doing, and as many carols as I've been humming along to, this season hasn't fully hit me yet, and it'll be over in a handful of days. A lady today told me that my wrapping looked "like crap" and kept complaining about how overpriced it was. I wanted to say "Hey lady, it all goes to charity. Chill," but my palms kept sweating as all my corners went to shit.

Today my horoscope told me: "you're coping bravely with your challenges, but the strain is beginning to take its toll. That's why imminent good events will come as a great relief." My feet have been dragging so much lately I gotta believe these few lines are true.

I saw the movie Toronto Stories today. Please save yourself $10 and avoid it. If you want to see the city, just spend 2.75 on a streetcar ride instead. I'd suggest the Queen car; although pretty unreliable, it gives you a perfect view of the city as it heads over the DVP. Get those cameras ready folks! The pictures are especially lovely at night.

Also, I want to go back to 1985 and fall in love with Bruce Springsteen. Fo' reals. He'd wear plaid like no man has ever worn plaid since, and he'd be all caring and worried and tell me to put on my stockings at night, and he'd beg me to meet him on the streets of Atlantic City, and he'd say "Well now, everything dies, baby, that's a fact. But maybe everything that dies someday comes back."


No comments: