Tuesday, March 24, 2009

oh, lj

[private post](no subject) [Mar. 24th, 2007|06:57 pm]
it's over. you have to realize that. don't be an idiot. it wasn't you. no, not necessarily. it was much more complicated, yet much more simple than that. it was timing and location and him and ashley and him not knowing and commitment and feeling it or not and no, it wasn't you. you are wonderful and fantastic! why don't you see that? remember, in two years you will be dynamic! you'll feel good with who you are today.


While talking a walk down livejournal memory lane, I stumbled upon this letter written to my two-years-ahead-future-self exactly two years ago today. To call it revealing and funny would be understatements. Why do I not feel much older than this 21 year old version of myself? The same worries and anxieties seem to plague me, just in different boy forms. But this little blast from the past also brings with it a good dose of reality. It's shaking me awake and telling me to LET GO and STOP WORRYING because I am dynamic now and I finally don't need a boy to confirm that.

No comments: