Friday, February 19, 2010

on streets

Winters later and we pass on the street and it takes seconds of staring at your face to realize it’s your face and the look on your face says you feel the same. I raise my hand in recognition but do not smile and you do the same and we both keep walking and in seconds you are gone again. We used to dance in your kitchen across dishes and you’d hold me so tight from behind and splatter kisses on my neck to the sound of running water. And water splashed our faces on that ferry ride one summer when you looked at me in a way that made me look away from the way that look made my heart race. But now when we pass each other my heart slows by the time I cross the street and we never even stop to say “hi.”

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"water splashed our faces on that ferry ride one summer..." Lovely line.

Eeleen Lee said...

agree with the last comment
great poetic sensibilty

Calla said...

you are a BEAUTIFUL writer. wow.

Sara and Zoe said...

wow, beautiful blog! We'd love for you to check out and join Lame Owl!