Thursday, October 30, 2008

two blocks

The past caught up with me in a big way last weekend. Approaching the grocery store on Sunday night, I almost froze as I caught sight of what I thought to be a familiar angle of a familiar face. Wanting to be the bigger person this time around, I walked towards this almost-ghost, both determined and shaking with every step.

But just as I was about to say my hello (whatwouldisayandwhatwouldhesay?), I caught sight of a different angle and suddenly couldn't tell if it was him or not. And because I was at a loss, in more ways than one, I kept on walking instead of finding out if my memories still served me correctly.

I still don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me or if two years really can make me forget the previous five. And either way, I still don't know what I would have said. Maybe just "How are you? I hope things are well," because I really do wish that was true.

No comments: